Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dream Big: Michael Jordan and the Pursuit of Olympic Gold



This book about Michael Jordan's childhood was written by his mother, Deloris Jordan, and is told in a very simple, straightforward manner, yet it is also very smoothly written with lovely prose that persuades you to read on.

In this story, Michael goes from a nine-year-old boy who dreams of Olympic gold to a pre-teen on his way to making that dream a reality.  The last page even has a note from Mrs. Jordan on how Michael soared, realizing his dream, and makes sure to mention it was through hard work.

I did not know until I read this story that Mrs. Jordan has also written other books, including Salt in His Shoes, Michael's Golden Rules, and Did I Tell You I Loved You Today?

AGES: 4 + for parent readings and 7 + for independent reading


BOOK BRIEFS:


CD
E/S
HIS
I
INFO
S

2 comments:

Lauren said...

MJ is an author? His mom too? How interesting! I really like your Olympic theme on your book selections. Hopefully gold medalist Missy Franklin authors a book someday... I'd want to read it! She rocked last night swimming that 100 Meter backstroke!

I really like your blog!

Becca said...

His mom is actually quite prolific! I had no idea myself. I would like to read books about the Olympians from these games, too! And thanks for visiting and enjoying my blog!